We are Ella Farnell and Max Allaham. This year we are proud to be participating in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Student of the Year Campaign (LLS SoY). Students of the year is a philanthropic leadership development program for high school students where participants fundraise for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society while fostering skills like entrepreneurship, marketing, and project management. This is a 7-week endeavor to raise money and awareness.
The mission of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is simple: make cancer disappear.
This campaign means so much to us, as it allows me the opportunity to not only honor those who are fighting but to keep the memory of those who lost their lives. Most importantly, Ella is doing this for Hunter Wolfe. Although blood does not bind her to Hunter and his family, they are part of my family. At the age of 12 he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Unfortunately, he lost his battle and was taken from this world way too soon.
How can you help? Please support my campaign, supporting the LLS mission, there are several ways to do so. To donate you can find my page by clicking the link
If you prefer to write a check, make it payable to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and in the memo of the check write Ella Farnell or Max Allaham. If you prefer to pay in cash, you can either give it to us personally or mail it to Ella’s address at 151 Weiler Road Albrightsville PA, 18210.
The team that raises the most money gets the title "Students of the Year" along with a scholarship that is $1, 500 - Max (my co-candidate) and I split it!
Some of our events coming up:
- Bright Path Brewery SOUP-2-GO Friday, February 4 from 4-8 (in case of weather it will be Saturday, February 4 in the afternoon)
- Woman & Wine at Louie’s Prime Wednesday, February 9 at 6
- Bake Sale at the Jim Thorpe Market Sunday, February 13 at 9
- Donuts & Wine at the Wild Elder and Donerds Donuts Thursday, February 17 from 3-6
- Sweet Treats & Hot Chocolate at the House of Jerky Saturday, February 19 at 10
- Radical Wine Thursday February 24 TBD
- Grand Finale, February 26 at 7
Our team page link to donate is:
Our Facebook page is “Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Students of the Year - Team Jim Thorpe” @teamjimthorpe . We also have blood drops for sale in the office!